The path from the real world to the digital word
The SC-IQ-IUC-180F310 is a current-to-voltage converter designed as silicon IP module. This chip converts current captured from the sensor system to fully differential output voltage, ready to be amplified. Highly linear current to voltage conversion is achieved by using Transimpedance Amplifier (TIA) architecture with 8 current ranges and specially designed built-in offset cancellation. The output signals are ready for further analogue signal processing and analogue-to-digital conversion.
It is ideally suited for a broad range of devices with sensor systems where the generic information about the phenomenon to be measured – light or other physical or chemical or electrochemical appearance – passes the first electrical conversion to the current. The IP implementation enables easy further System on Chip (SoC) integration of follow up functions.
Functional block diagram SC-IQ-IUC-180F310
- Silicon validated IP module: TSMC 180nm 1P6M mixed signal
The customization is open to the potential customers on demand. The key emphasis is to meet the system developers' needs in a way to allow quick customization and/or optimization either for the specific sensor system or the application.
Flexible re-configurations of the built-in functions are feasible because of the modular design and our original circuit solutions (some features could be changed). Some additional redesign or new circuits built-in options are as follows:
- Customisable current ranges on demand, for instance:
- high current detection up to 10 mA (for the industrial applications)
- Ability to upgrade into multi-channel input, etc.
Advantages on the Chip Level
Features which make the difference, worthy to be highlighted:
- Detection and measurement of small input current difference (ΔI) on the level of hundreds of pA with additional signal processing
- Direct interface to the sensor system without external component
- Single-ended current input with fully differential (FD) voltage output for further signal processing
- Low power design ideally suited for battery-powered operation
- Built-in guard rings for noise isolation
- Carefully done layout, following circuit design, with special emphasis on matching
- Fully functional temperature range: from -40°C to 125°C, under investigation up to 180°C
Your information about either purchasing or customization interest is very welcome!
Please send it to: email@example.com